Room Parent & Volunteer Information
Room Parent and Classroom/Cafeteria Volunteer Clearance Requirements
Any parent who wishes to be a Room Parent or Classroom/Cafeteria Volunteer at Sacred Heart Catholic School must complete the following process before you will be allowed in the classrooms or cafeteria:
1. Complete an official Diocese of Tucson Volunteer Application.
2. Applicants need a valid and current Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety:
- If you do not have a fingerprint clearance card you may obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card Application Packet from the school office and follow the instructions listed in step #3 below.
- If you already have a current and valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety please proceed to step #4.
3. The Fingerprint Application Packet will need to be taken to an authorized law enforcement agency to complete the fingerprinting process:
- The Santa Cruz County Sheriff's Department is open for fingerprinting services Monday through Friday from 8:30 A.M. to 11:30 A.M. and from 1:00 P.M. to 4:30 P.M. They charge $ 7.00 which must be paid in cash (please take the exact amount as the Sheriff's Department will not give change).
- The Nogales Police Department is open for fingerprinting services on Tuesdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. They charge $ 5.00 which must be paid by money order.
- Room Parent and Classroom Volunteer applicants must mail the completed Fingerprint Application Packet to the Arizona Department of Public Safety. Please refer to the packet for payment and mailing instructions.
4. The Diocese of Tucson requires all applicants to undergo a criminal history background check. Room Parents and Classroom/Cafeteria Volunteers must complete a Criminal Background Check Form authorizing the Diocese of Tucson to run a background check.
- The Diocese of Tucson charges new applicants $17.50 for the background check process.
- Room Parents or Classroom/Cafeteria Volunteers who are already cleared by the Diocese of Tucson must renew their diocesan clearance 3 months prior to the expiration date. Renewal Applications may be obtained from the school office. The Diocese of Tucson charges current volunteers $12.50 to renew their background check clearance.
- Checks or money orders must be made out to Sacred Heart Catholic School.
5. Applicants must watch the Diocese of Tucson Safe Environment educational video and sign an Attestation form after viewing.
Sacred Heart Catholic School will send all applicable documents to the Diocese of Tucson for processing. Room Parent and Classroom/Cafeteria Volunteer applicants who are cleared by the Diocese of Tucson will receive clearance documentation that is valid for 5 years.
Room Parents and Classroom/Cafeteria Volunteers will only be allowed in the classroom/cafeteria once they have a valid Arizona DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card and have passed a Diocese of Tucson criminal history background check.
NO EXCEPTIONS! This is for the safety of our students, their families and our faculty and staff.