Preschool Information & Policies
Sacred Heart Catholic School is delighted to welcome Preschool students and their parents into the Sacred Heart family. It is an honor that you have chosen us as your child's school and we are certain that you will be pleased with the Catholic education offered by Sacred Heart Catholic School.
In addition to our Preschool specific information and policies outlined below, please also visit our general Enrollment Information and Admission Policies page and our Registration Requirements for New Students page.
- Sacred Heart Catholic School provides full-day preschool services from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and from 8:00 am to 12:30 pm on Wednesdays (Early Release). The Arizona Department of Health Services defines "full-day care" as providing child care services for six or more hours per day. Please refer to our Schedule of Classes page for more information regarding the school schedule.
- Breakfast and Lunch are provided. Sacred Heart Catholic School participates in the National School Lunch Program. All families are required to fill out the Meal Benefit Income Eligibility Form and the Application for Free and Reduced-Price School Meals. If the student does not qualify for Free/Reduced meals, the student will be charged $3.00 for breakfast and $4.00 for lunch. (Meal prices are current as of July 2017 and are subject to change). Students may bring their own lunches. Monthly meal menus are available in the school office, are posted in the classrooms and are sent home with each student. Meal menus are available online by visiting our Monthly Breakfast & Lunch Menu page.
- Enrollment Plan: In order to reserve a seat for your child/children you are required to pay half of the student(s) tuition for the first month of school (August 2016) between February 15th and April 15th, 2017. The remaining balance must be paid before August 3rd, 2017. After April 16th, 2017 the August tuition must be paid in full to reserve a seat.
- The tuition rate for preschool is $3,500.00 annually ($350.00 per month). NO ADDITIONAL FEES WILL BE CHARGED.
- All Parents/Guardians are required to bring their children to the school office and sign them in for admission in the morning. Students must be picked up in the school office when they are released in the afternoon. It is imperative that Parents/Guardians remember to sign their children in and out daily. This is an Arizona State requirement.
- Preschool students ages 2½ to 4 years of age are accepted. STUDENTS MUST BE POTTY TRAINED.
- Transportation is not provided.
- Sacred Heart Catholic School uses age-appropriate discipline guidelines and methods.
- Sacred Heart Catholic School uses Houghton Mifflin Harcourt's Splash Into Pre-K and the Easy Breezy Comprehensive Preschool Curriculum. This curriculum is aligned with the Early Learning Preschool Standards and supplemented by the Diocese of Tucson curriculum standards.
- Uniforms are required for Preschool students and are a vital element of life at Sacred Heart Catholic School. Please visit our School Uniform Policies for more information.
- All students, including Preschool, are required to attend Mass on Friday at 10:00 am in their formal uniform.
- Preschool will participate in one field trip during the school year. Parents/Guardians are required to fill out two (2) permission slips if they are allowing their child to participate in the field trip. The first permission slip is required by the Arizona Department of Health Services and the second permission slip is required by the Diocese of Tucson. Only Preschool students with permission slips may participate in field trips.
- All Preschool parents are welcome to observe or volunteer in the classroom at any time. Arizona Department of Public Safety (DPS) fingerprint clearance and Diocese of Tucson clearance must be obtained for room parents and classroom volunteers.
- A copy of the Sacred Heart Catholic School School Liability Insurance Coverage is available in the school office.
- Sacred Heart Catholic School's Preschool program is regulated by the Arizona Department of Health Services Bureau of Licensing, 400 West Congress, Room 100, Tucson, AZ 85701.