Dear Parents & Students,
Student Council campaigns officially began on Friday, August 18, 2017. The Student Council Campaign Rally will be held at 8:15 a.m. on Friday, August 25, 2017. All candidates will be expected to make speeches at the rally and all candidate parents are welcome to attend.
Elections will be held following the Campaign Rally on August 25, 2017 - either before or after Mass (time depending). Election Results will be announced at approximately 1:00 p.m. on Friday., August 25, 2017.
2017 – 2018 Student Council Campaign Rules
- All petitions were due to Mrs. Rothstein, with a parent signature, no later than 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 17, 2017.
- Candidates are not allowed to remove or cover any existing wall decorations to put up posters and may not destroy or damage the walls or windows while hanging up posters.
- Posters must be handmade – not professionally printed.
- Campaign favors should be limited to items $5.00 or less.
- Healthy food is encouraged! Please restrict your use of junk food and candy as campaign materials. Any litter produced by the campaign must be collected by the end of the day or you will no longer be allowed to distribute campaign favors.
- Any posters that are put up by candidates must be removed by the candidates after the election on Friday, August 25, 2017.
- No bullying or negative campaigning – keep it clean.
- Any candidates caught violating these rules will be disqualified
Please feel free to contact Principal Vanessa Rothstein with any Student Council related questions or concerns.