Welcome to the first "This Week at Sacred Heart Catholic School" post. This addition to the regular News section posts is intended to give a quick run down of important events and highlight announcements and key information for parents, students, faculty and staff on a (mostly) weekly basis.
Sacred Heart Catholic School is pleased to welcome several new teachers to our school:
- Ms. Maria Jesus Diaz (Kindergarten)
- Mr. John Kennedy Kadikatla (8th Grade Homeroom, Middle School Mathematics, Music)
- Mrs. Cassandra Smith (Resource & Special Education)
What's Happening This Week:
- The 2016-2017 school year begins on August 8 with an orientation/open house day. Students and parents will visit their new classrooms and be introduced to their new teachers. Students may leave when their classroom orientation is over.
- DIBELS Testing begins for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th grade students. Please refer to the Calendar page for the complete schedule.
- Friday Mass begins this week at 10:00 am. Please make sure all students wear the formal uniform, including ties, to school on Friday.
Weekly Announcements & Information:
- Father Jay Luczak has joined our parish as the new pastor and school headmaster. he comes to us from the Miami, AZ parish. Father Luczak will be addressing the students, parents and faculty during the August 8th orientation/opening hous and will be offering a blessing to begin the school year.
- Parents, please make sure all of your registration paperwork is turned into the office before classes begin. Students should not be attending class if they are not properly registered.
Also, This Happened:
We painted the school fence blue! The new paint job is the first of many steps in an ongoing effort by Principal Rothstein and the Advisory School Board to improve the facilities and infrastructure at Sacred Heart Catholic School during the 2016 - 2017 school year and beyond. The Middle School (Sacred Heart Center) fence will be painted this coming weekend!